All Arkansas 11th grade students enrolled in a public or charter school will be given the opportunity to take the ACTⓇ during the spring of their junior year. The exam will be given at each student's school and can be used for all scholarship and college admittance purposes. Alma High School will select a State Spring Date soon, but the 11th grade ACT will be given on either February 23, 2021 or March 9, 2021.
The ACT multiple-choice tests are based on what students have learned in English, reading, math, and science. The ACT will be administered online or paper depending upon the school's choice.
The ACT has long been recognized as one of the leading college entrance exams in the country and is accepted by all four-year colleges and universities in the United States. ACT's College and Career Readiness System provides a longitudinal approach to educational and career planning through assessment, curriculum support and student evaluation.
By taking the ACT, Arkansas students:
- can have scores sent directly to colleges and universities.
- make themselves visible to scholarship agencies.
- will receive results in approximately 2-4 weeks.
- will have an opportunity to research college majors based on their interests.
- will have an opportunity to utilize the “World-of-Work Map” to explore career areas.
But more importantly, each Arkansas student will be able to further his or her education and prepare for a successful future.