Arkansas law requires that all public school students shall participate in a statewide program of educational assessments per Ark. Code Ann. §§ 6-15-419, 6-15-433, 6-15-2009. In the 2015-16 school year, The Arkansas State Board of Education adopted the ACT Aspire summative assessment.The ACT Aspire end-of-year summative assessment will be used to assess all Arkansas public school students in grades 3-10 unless they qualify for an alternate assessment. Each student will participate in English, reading, writing, math and science tests.
Quick Facts about ACT Aspire Summative Assessments
- Required for all students in grades 3-10
- Each student will be assessed in English, reading, math, science and writing
- 4 ½ to 5 hours total testing time per grade
- Accessibility features available for all students
- Accommodations available for qualifying students
- Students in grades 9 and 10 will receive a predicted score for the ACTⓇ
- Schools set their own schedules within the following windows:
- The testing window is April 5 - May 7, 2021
Dates specific to each building have not been set at this time for Spring 2021 testing. The schedule below is from the 2020 school year, and the schedule for this year should be similar.
Alma Intermediate School will be administering the ACT Aspire Summative Assessment the weeks of April 14 - April 30. 5th grade will test April 14, 15, and 16. 4th grade will test April 21, 22, and 23. 3rd grade will test April 28, 29, and 30.
Alma Middle School will be administering the ACT Aspire Summative Assessment the week of April 27 - May 1. 7th and 8th grade will test April 27 and 28. 6th grade will test April 29, 30, and May 1.
Alma High School will be administering the ACT Aspire Summative Assessment the week of April 20 - 24. 9th grade will test April 20 and 21. 10th grade will test April 22 and 23.