FC Alma Soccer Club
FC Alma Soccer Club was founded in 2020, joining our other youth sports programs that are organized and associated with the Alma School District.
Our primary goal is to provide a developmental experience for our youth from Pre-K (age 4+) up through 8th grade as these players prepare to play soccer for Alma High School.
The FC Alma Soccer program is coordinated by our High School Head Soccer Coach Cory Sturdivant.
We offer three soccer programs through FC Alma Soccer:
- Recreational for grades Pre K-6th
- Competitive Travel Soccer for 12U and 10U age groups
- 14U Girls and 14U Boys girls teams which are a feeder program for our high school teams.
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED FOR SPRING 2022
- This division introduces soccer to players from Pre-K through 6th grade. This is a great introductory experience for soccer that develops fundamental soccer skills.
- The cost is $25 and includes a jersey.
- Parents/players are required to supply their own soccer cleats, shinguards, black shorts, black socks, and an age-appropriate soccer ball (see list below).
⚽ Size 3 Ball is for K/Pre K only
⚽ Size 4 Ball is for grades 1-6
⚽ Size 5 Ball is for grades 7+
Competitive Travel (12U-2010s and 10U-2012s) - same as last fall - $90
- Our division for more advanced / skilled players, or for those seeking more developmental opportunities and to compete against other towns/teams/clubs at a higher level of play.
- Our competitive travel division is tryout-based. The cost is $90--this includes the full uniform-jersey, shorts, socks.
- Parents/players are required to provide shinguards and a ball for this division for their player(s).
- Any player that does not make their age group travel team will be placed on a recreational team and refunded the difference between the $90 and $25 fee.
14U GIRLS & 14U BOYS TRAVEL - $50
- This spring we are working to put together a 14U GIRLS and 14U BOYS team.
- The ultimate goal of the 14U teams is a feeder program to prepare these boys and girls for high school soccer tryouts.
- The fee for 14U is $50- this covers shorts and socks and registration fees.
- 14U Jerseys are provided by the Alma High School Soccer Team and must be returned at the end of the season.
- This division will have home and away games vs. schools in our age/grade division in Rogers, Fayetteville, Alma, and Greenwood.
- While there are no tryouts for 14U, practice and development are similar to that of the competitive teams.
- Players are expected to attend all practices and will be pushed to advance in their abilities.
- There is no "half of game" expectation of playing time in 14U soccer.
Our primary practice facility for all teams is the Blasingame Soccer Complex at the Boys & Girls Club of the Diamond Hills.
In partnership with the Boys & Girls Club, we maintain the soccer complex fields and continue to improve the fields and surrounding area as we are able to do so.
Other practice locations include: Alma Intermediate School Track & Field (when not being used by track, AHS West Grass Practice Field (back field farthest from parking lot), Alma Primary School grassy areas on the south and west sides of the building, Alma Middle School Soccer Field, and other assorted first-come-first-serve open grassy areas on Alma School District property.
All recreational games are played at Airedale Stadium at Alma High School on the multipurpose turf field on Saturdays.
Competitive travel games that are at home will also be played in Airedale Stadium; away game locations may vary but the majority will most likely be at the Goldtrap-Garner Boys and Girls Club in Fort Smith.
14U games will be played in Airedale Stadium for home games, Greenwood, and in Rogers/Fayetteville in Northwest Arkansas for away games.
GAMES WILL BEGIN IN APRIL FOR RECREATIONAL DIVISIONS.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the email below or contact us on any of the social media sites below:
- Recreational for grades Pre K-6th